The best enchiladas I've ever had- really, the only ones I've ever liked! I crave these, and usually make them at least two times a month. You can easily use shredded chicken instead of ground beef, and feel free to use corn tortillas instead of flour...it's the sauce that make these enchiladas so AWESOME!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- To make the sauce: Melt butter in a sauce pan, then add chili powder, flour, and salt. Stir until smooth.
- Add garlic and stir in water and tomato paste (may have to use a whisk). Simmer until thick.
- To make the filling: Cook ground beef with the onion, then drain. Add taco seasoning. Add approximately 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce to the meat.
- Place the beef and cheese in each tortilla and roll up. Pour the enchilada sauce on top and bake for 25 minutes.