Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
The best enchiladas I've ever had- really, the only ones I've ever liked! I crave these, and usually make them at least two times a month. You can easily use shredded chicken instead of ground beef, and feel free to use corn tortillas instead of flour...it's the sauce that make these enchiladas so AWESOME!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- To make the sauce: Melt butter in a sauce pan, then add chili powder, flour, and salt. Stir until smooth.
- Add garlic and stir in water and tomato paste (may have to use a whisk). Simmer until thick.
- To make the filling: Cook ground beef with the onion, then drain. Add taco seasoning. Add approximately 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce to the meat.
- Place the beef and cheese in each tortilla and roll up. Pour the enchilada sauce on top and bake for 25 minutes.
I just made these for lunch. My in-laws and my guy really liked them. Thanks for a great recipe! I'll be making these again! Update: I LOVE this sauce. It is the best I've found compared to that of my grandma's. We used corn tortilla like a traditional enchilada does BUT I veganized everything. Using dairy free butter, tofu instead of beef, and I sub'd the cheese with a vegan cheese. It's been years since I've had an enchilada but this sure tasted like and original I would've eaten anywhere else. It was perfect.
Delicious! Loved it! So easy too...a definite make again and again recipe. Made with flour tortillas to stay true to the recipe, but I'll try corn tortillas next time so they are more enchiladas and less burrito. I loved, loved, loved this....so happy I adopted you as my PAC baby, Spring 2010!
Loved it and you can bet money, if it's something I love, before too long it will be taxed at 300% so you better hurry and make it now. Made for Alphabet Soup Tag.