1/2 Photos of Awesome Eggplant Parmesean Casserole
1 hr 45 mins
Great Stuff for you eggplant parm lovers! My own creation. The process takes awhile but worth the effort. Great with a loaf of hot garlic bread and a simple green salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 907.18 g small purple eggplants, sliced lengthwise
- 236.59 ml Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 236.59 ml panko breadcrumbs, seasoned if available
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 177.44 ml milk
- 1360.77 g jarred pasta sauce (your favorite)
- 453.59 g mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 118.29 ml parmesan cheese, shredded
- 473.18 ml vegetable oil (for frying, approx)
- 1Remove top and bottom of eggplant.
- 2Slice eggplant lengthwise into 3/4 inch slices.
- 3Spread slices onto large platter and salt and pepper both sides.
- 4In a pie plate crack all eggs and add milk and some salt and pepper.
- 5Beat well and set aside.
- 6In another pie plate combine both panko and regular breadcrumbs, mixing well to combine.
- 7Put about a half inch of oil into large skillet and turn onto medium heat until a wooden spoons tip inserted in oil buubles.
- 8Dip eggplant slices into egg mixture coating both sides well, allowing excess to drain off.
- 9Drredge immediately into breadcrumbs, pressing well so it adheres well.
- 10Fry immediately in small batches so to not overcrowd skillet.
- 11When crispy on both sides remove from skillet to paper towel lined platter to drain excess oil.
- 12Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 13Continue frying eggplants until all are done.
- 14In 13x9 inch glass casserole place 1/3 of sauce.
- 15Place a single layer of eggplant onto sauce.
- 16Place another 1/3 sauce over slices.
- 17Put 1/2 of mozzarella on this layer.
- 18Repeat by another layer of eggplant, sauce, and all of remaining cheeses, ending with parmesean.
- 19Bake in oven for 30 to 45 minutes until all cheese is melted and sauce is bubbling.
- 20Let cool briefly and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Awesome Eggplant Parmesean Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (493 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1368.3
- Calories from Fat 942
- Total Fat 104.7 g
- Saturated Fat 24.6 g
- Cholesterol 169.7 mg
- Sodium 2193.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.6 g
- Sugars 29.4 g
- Protein 35.4 g