Prep 1 hr
Cook 45 mins
Great Stuff for you eggplant parm lovers! My own creation. The process takes awhile but worth the effort. Great with a loaf of hot garlic bread and a simple green salad.
- 907.18 g small purple eggplants, sliced lengthwise
- 236.59 ml Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 236.59 ml panko breadcrumbs, seasoned if available
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 177.44 ml milk
- 1360.77 g jarred pasta sauce (your favorite)
- 453.59 g mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 118.29 ml parmesan cheese, shredded
- 473.18 ml vegetable oil (for frying, approx)
- Remove top and bottom of eggplant.
- Slice eggplant lengthwise into 3/4 inch slices.
- Spread slices onto large platter and salt and pepper both sides.
- In a pie plate crack all eggs and add milk and some salt and pepper.
- Beat well and set aside.
- In another pie plate combine both panko and regular breadcrumbs, mixing well to combine.
- Put about a half inch of oil into large skillet and turn onto medium heat until a wooden spoons tip inserted in oil buubles.
- Dip eggplant slices into egg mixture coating both sides well, allowing excess to drain off.
- Drredge immediately into breadcrumbs, pressing well so it adheres well.
- Fry immediately in small batches so to not overcrowd skillet.
- When crispy on both sides remove from skillet to paper towel lined platter to drain excess oil.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Continue frying eggplants until all are done.
- In 13x9 inch glass casserole place 1/3 of sauce.
- Place a single layer of eggplant onto sauce.
- Place another 1/3 sauce over slices.
- Put 1/2 of mozzarella on this layer.
- Repeat by another layer of eggplant, sauce, and all of remaining cheeses, ending with parmesean.
- Bake in oven for 30 to 45 minutes until all cheese is melted and sauce is bubbling.
- Let cool briefly and enjoy.