1/3 Photos of Awesome Easy Tamale Pie
When everyone's starved, and I'm just not in the mood to cook, this tamale pie is the easiest thing to whip together and bake. It can be made spicy or mild to taste, depending on what type of salsa you use. This is the basic recipe, which is quite good buy itself, but you can also doctor it up by adding a couple of sliced jalapeno's or 1/3 a cup of black olives or even creamed corn to the cornbread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Prepare cornbread mix according to package.
- 3In a medium large skillet over medium high heat, saute onions until translucent.
- 4Add beef, and saute until browned.
- 5Stir salsa and beans into beef, and cook over medium to medium high heat until bubbling and starting to thicken.
- 6Stir as necessary while it cooks.
- 7Pour beef mixture into 9x9 casserole (be warned, a pie dish is slightly too small for this recipe!).
- 8Pour cornbread mixture over beef.
- 9Bake in 350°F oven uncovered for 30-35 minutes, or until cornbread is cooked and starting to brown.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Awesome Easy Tamale Pie
Serving Size: 1 (307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 448.2
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 85.1 mg
- Sodium 1309.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 23.8 g