Recipe by stephrutherford
This recipe was given to me by my Aunt Sally. It is a very simple way to make great sweet pickles. These have a bite and everyone loves them.
- 1 (32 ounce) jarsliced dill pickles
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pickling spices
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cinnamon stick
Directions See How It's Made
- Completely drain the jar of dill pickles leaving pickles in the jar. Set aside.
- Bring all other ingredients to a hard boil.
- Immediately pour over the pickles in the jar.
- Recap tightly and turn jar upside down and allow to cool. (This should reseal jar so that they can be stored indefinitely).
- (I put all the spices, except for the garlic and the cinnamon stick, in a cheesecloth type bag. I press on the bag with a wooden spoon in vinegar/sugar mixture to get more flavor. It isn't necessary, but boiling the spices in a bag keeps them from floating around in the pickles).