Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Please be gentle! this is my first recipe posted. i created this last night using what i had on hand. dh loved it and so did i. was even better as leftovers today. please let me know what you think!
- 1 can green beans
- 1 can corn
- 1 can peas
- 1 can carrot
- 3 cups cooked potatoes
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken (i use leftovers)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon basil (more or less to taste)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 package Bisquick, complete mix made following directions (i used buttermilk, but think that the cheddar/garlic would be great too!!!)
- mix all of the filling ingredients in the bowl you plan to cook in (in any order you want to).
- i used a 8 by 8 pan, 9 by 9 would have been better.
- i"mashed" half of the potatoes to help thicken up the pie.
- then add the mixed bisquick complete on top, leaving a few spaces open to allow circulation.
- cook in a pre heated to 425 degree oven until the biscuits on top are cooked (20-25 min) and golden brown.
- eat and enjoy!
Very very good. I added an extra can of soup so that reheating would not leave it dry. Double garlic, of course. Instead of canned carrots I cooked fresh along with some fresh celery in with my potatoes. All in the office loved it.
Talk about comfort food!!! THIS IS IT!! I had every ingredient on hand so I decided to give this a try. So easy and ohh so flavorful. It really hit the spot. I followed the directions exactly except I doubled the garlic :-)and threw in some diced ham just because I had some. Comfort food at its best.
Easy and very tasty. I used 2 cans of soup and a larger pan.