Recipe by David S #2
This is a simple recipe and is best when left with these few ingredients. Made these for a family reunion of germanic relatives who generally have little use for salt or spice. They disappeared immediately and were a complete success.
Top Review by CJAY
I made these for my neighbor who loves anything hot and spicy. He gave them a big 2 thumbs up. I managed to get a taste of the filling while I was making them and found them very spicy.It's a very simple recipe with a great flavor. Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC Fall 2011.
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sriracha sauce (Yes, big T not small t)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- garnish with paprika and fresh finely chopped parsley
- 1 1⁄2 tabelspoons finely diced red sweet bell peppers
Directions See How It's Made
- Boiled Eggs:.
- Place eggs in sauce pan with water to cover.
- Bring to boil, turn heat off, cover, and allow to sit on same burner for 10 to 12 minutes depending on burner type. Immediately transfer eggs to an ice bath to stop cooking. This will produce a perfect yolk without discoloration. Remove and discard shells from eggs.
- Halve the eggs lengthwise and remove yolks to mixing dish.
- Combine yolks with Sriracha and mayonnaise; work with fork until smooth.
- Combine red bell pepper -- modification July 1, 2012.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Pipe or use a spoon to evenly distribute yolk mixture into white halves.
- Garnish liberally with paprika and parsley.