Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Whole baking potatoes are rolled in garlic butter and bread crumbs and baked. These are really delicious.
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Melt butter with garlic and allow to set for 15 minutes.
- Combine bread crumbs with salt, black pepper, parsley and paprika.
- Wash, peel potatoes and pat dry leaving them whole.
- Roll potatoes in butter and coat evenly with bread crumb mixture.
- Place potatoes in shallow buttered casserole and add any leftover butter to bottom of casserole.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for 20 minutes more, turning to brown evenly.
I don't know what I did but there was no way I could get the crusty covering onto these potatoes. They just would not stick for me at all. I ended up with potatoes sitting on top of overdone breadcrumbs. Sorry Marie just did not work for me for some reason!!
These were very good with a nice crispy coating. My husband said he liked them! I love the garlic flavor. I had lots of breading left over which I will use to coat fish. Thanks marie for a different, yummy way to fix potatoes!
Thank you, thank you Marie for sharing your recipe. These potatoes are just excellant. My family and I really enjoyed these crispy, crunchy, tender and oh so flavourful potatoes. They were very easy to make. We will be having these again real soon. I didn't have any fresh garlic, so I used the garlic butter that I had on hand. I also added some jerk seasoning instead of black pepper.(personal preference)