I found this recipe in a Betty Crocker computer cookbook. So good ol' Betty gets kudos for this DELICIOUS side dish. The boyfriend loves it so much he asked me to cook it when his father and step-mother were in town. (I think he was trying to impress them with my cooking abilities because he had me make my Stuffed Summer Squash also, which I have yet to post here on 'Zaar, but its coming). Anyway, the water chestnuts add an awesome crunch and they go very well with the lemon. we like it spicy, so watch the pepper sauce. Enjoy!
- In a medium sized sauce pan,bring rice, water, bouillon cubes and pepper sauce to a boil.
- Stir once or twice, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes (DON'T lift the cover).
- Remove from heat and stir in water chestnuts, green onions and lemon zest.
- Recover and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork before serving.