Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 hrs
I have based this recipe on one that I've used from here several times, Awesome Slow Cooker Pot Roast posted by kcdelong. Even though the original was very good,sometimes you can't help but adding your own special tweaks.:)As usual with any of my recipes,please feel free to change any of the seasonings to your own personal tastes.If you like you can add a 1 pound bag of baby carrots before you add the roast.The time that's listed is based upon my crockpot,so adjust cooking times according to yours.If you would like more color,just slightly brown each side of the roast in a small amount of vegetable oil.Posted to Food.com (a.k.a." ZAAR " ) on Feb.14th.,2013."
- 1360.77 g chuck roast (or use your favorite cut )
- 4.92 ml seasoning salt
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 4.92 ml ground oregano
- 4.92 ml ground black pepper
- 42.52 g boxed onion soup mix (use just ONE envelope )
- 304.75 g can condensed golden mushroom soup
- 59.16 ml butter or 59.16 ml margarine
- 59.16 ml flour
- 236.59 ml of liquid from roast
- 118.29 ml water
- In a small bowl mix together seasoned salt,garlic powder,oregano,and onion soup mix.
- Rub mixture into all sides of roast,place into a 4 quart crockpot.
- Spread golden mushroom soup over roast and cook on low for 7 hours.
- For the gravy,melt the butter in a medium sized saucepan add the flour and make a paste.
- Add the roast liquid a little at a time while stirring,if the gravy is too thick and water until desired consistency is reached.
We thought this was FANTASTIC!! I did, however, make a few changes due to personal preferences: I sifted the dehydrated onions out of the soup mix & just used the powder; I didn't use the mushroom soup - just put 2 cups of water in the bottom of the crockpot before adding the "rubbed" roast; for the gravy, I used all the liquid & thickened on the stove with cornstarch. Awesome flavour!!
This was good and easy to make. I followed the recipe exactly as written except I cooked mine on high for three hours and three hours on low and the meat was perfect. It was so tender and tasty. I shredded mine and let it sit in the gravy. Everyone ate the roast as a sandwich. My boys normally don't eat roast but both ate two sandwiches.