Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My family is crazy about my lasagna, so I thought I'd try it in the crock pot. I think it would be great for a potluck.
- 1⁄2 lb Italian sausage
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 3 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 12 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 cups ricotta cheese or 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 1 dash fresh ground black pepper
- 2 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Brown meat and onion in large skillet, drain off excess fat.
- (this can be done ahead and kept frozen until ready to use).
- Add garlic, mushrooms, salt, wine, spaghetti sauce, paste, and tomato sauce to the meat mixture; mix well.
- Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine egg, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese and parsley flakes, set aside.
- Spray crock pot with cooking oil.
- Layer the bottom of a 5 to 6 quart crock pot with 4 noodles, broken into pieces to fit.
- Spread half of the ricotta cheese mixture over the noodles.
- Top with 1/4 of the meat mixture and 1/4 of the shredded cheese.
- Top with 4 noodles, remaining cheese mixture, 1/4 of the meat mixture and 1/4 shredded cheese.
- Top with remaining 4 noodles and remaining meat mixture.
- Cover; cook on low setting for 6 to 8 hours.
- About 10 minutes before serving, sprinkle top of lasagna with remaining shredded cheese.
- Cover; let stand 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
This was the best lasagna! Left out the wine and added a small can of olives. Used a can of Italian diced tomatoes instead of tomato sauce. A lot easier than cooking in the oven. I'll never use my old lasagna recipe again.
This is fabulous! I followed recipe except for adding tomato sauce. I instead added 1 more cup of spaghetti sauce. I also found that 6 hours, maybe less was about right for cooking time. Delicious recipe!
I've made this recipe several times and thought it was time to leave a review. This is exactly how I want my lasagna to taste! I've tried many recipes and never could get just the right flavor but this is it. The wine and italian sausage make it perfect :) My family prefers cottage cheese and I always use the no bake lasagna noodles for all of my lasagna recipes. Other than that, I pretty much follow the recipe to a "T"- except for the cooking time. Mine is always browning around the edges by 3 hours in my crock pot. THANK YOU for posting this recipe! My search is over.