8 hrs 20 mins
God Loves U's Note:
My family is crazy about my lasagna, so I thought I'd try it in the crock pot. I think it would be great for a potluck.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb Italian sausage
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 3 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 12 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 cups ricotta cheese or 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 1 dash fresh ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1Brown meat and onion in large skillet, drain off excess fat.
- 2(this can be done ahead and kept frozen until ready to use).
- 3Add garlic, mushrooms, salt, wine, spaghetti sauce, paste, and tomato sauce to the meat mixture; mix well.
- 4Set aside.
- 5In a medium bowl, combine egg, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese and parsley flakes, set aside.
- 6Spray crock pot with cooking oil.
- 7Layer the bottom of a 5 to 6 quart crock pot with 4 noodles, broken into pieces to fit.
- 8Spread half of the ricotta cheese mixture over the noodles.
- 9Top with 1/4 of the meat mixture and 1/4 of the shredded cheese.
- 10Top with 4 noodles, remaining cheese mixture, 1/4 of the meat mixture and 1/4 shredded cheese.
- 11Top with remaining 4 noodles and remaining meat mixture.
- 12Cover; cook on low setting for 6 to 8 hours.
- 13About 10 minutes before serving, sprinkle top of lasagna with remaining shredded cheese.
- 14Cover; let stand 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Awesome Crock Pot Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (449 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 827.1
- Calories from Fat 386
- Total Fat 42.9 g
- Saturated Fat 21.1 g
- Cholesterol 165.5 mg
- Sodium 1871.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 14.1 g
- Protein 47.8 g