Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Created this with the things I had on hand, and it turned out flavorful, juicy and tender. Served it with a little of the broth & onions over rice, with the asparagus on the side. The next day, used some of the chicken for chicken roll ups, with a little mayo, and the broth as an "au jus", then made chicken salad from the rest (mayo, celery seed, and a scoop of the onions from the broth), and put the broth away for noodle soup later in the week. (This was just for us 2, so you may want to adjust the recipe accordingly : )
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups 2% milk (or over)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons rosemary
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced (or to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 1 bunch white asparagus (or whatever veggie you prefer)
- Soak chicken in a bowl of salt water for about 10 minutes.
- While chicken is soaking, put butter, milk, vinegar, broth, rosemary, and soy in a medium saucepan and heat until smooth.
- Chop onion and mince garlic.
- Pat chicken dry and place in bottom of crock pot.
- Pour broth mixture over chicken.
- Sprinkle onion and garlic into broth mixture in crock pot.
- Cover and cook on High setting for 5 hours, or Low for 8-10 hours.
- *** During last hour of cooking, add asparagus, or other vegetable.