Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Rich, buttery pound cake with a crispy crust but moist cake. my cousin made it for my wedding cake and gave it to us as a gift. it is awesome with butter cream icing. she said a friend gave it to her and that it used to be used in a bakery.
- 1 (8 ounce) cream cheese (room temp)
- 1 1⁄2 cups margarine (room temp) or 1 1⁄2 cups butter (room temp)
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 tablespoon almond flavoring (optional I like to play around with the flavors and sometimes mix them) (optional) or 1 tablespoon lemon flavoring (optional I like to play around with the flavors and sometimes mix them) (optional)
- 8 ounces fruit (i roll my fruit in flour and fold in with spatula after mixing cake batter. i have used candied frui) (optional)
- CREAM TOGETHER CREAM CHEESE, MARGARINE, & SUGAR. ADD 6 EGGS (1 AT A TIME). ADD VANILLA. SIFT TOGETHER FLOUR & SELF-RISING FLOUR & ADD.
- BAKE AT 325 DEGREES IN TUBE PAN APPROX 1 1/2 HOURS.
- FOR LAYERS, BAKE AT 350 APPROX 30 minutes.