Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Super easy to make and tastes great..this always disappears when I make it. It is addictive!
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 can water chestnut, chopped coarsely
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can crabmeat
- 1⁄2 bunch green onion
- 1 package mrs. grass vegetable soup mix (or any dry vegetable soup mix)
- black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- sourdough bread, made into bowl and cubes for dipping
- Mix mushroom soup and cream cheese in a pan over low heat until blended well and cream cheese is melted.
- Add garlic,pepper, dry soup mix, and water chestnuts.
- Add milk to thin it a little and let it warm on the stove for about 15 minutes until vegetables in soup mix are rehydrated and not crunchy.
- Stir in crabmeat and chopped green onions and place in bread bowl.
- Serve with sliced or cubed toasted sourdough bread.
This one was really yummy and easy to make. My cream cheese took a lot longer than 5 minutes to melt though - it took half an hour to make this. Everyone really liked the way the sourdough went with the dip - I also served veggies and chips. I don't think they would eat this again if the sourdough wasn't there, because they felt it was "integral" to the dish. I will definitely have to put this in my potluck cookbook. DH and roommate found it odd that it was a warm dip, though.