Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A great dip for any occasion!
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 (8 ounce) package imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 loaf pumpernickel bread, round
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, onion, mayonnaise, crabmeat, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Spread mixture into a 1-quart baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven.
- While the dip is baking, cut a circle in the top of the bread, and scoop out the inside to create a bread bowl.
- Tear the removed bread into pieces for dipping.
- Remove baked crab dip from the oven, and stir well.
- Spoon the mixture into the hollowed out loaf.
- Place bread bowl and chunks of bread on a medium baking sheet, and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.