This is a vegetarian recipe I've come up with, simply because I usually don't have the salt pork or hamhock traditionally included on hand. It's still got plenty of flavor!
- Wash greens in a colander.
- Chop into bite-sized pieces.
- Throw all ingredients into a large pot and cover.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, the reduce heat and simmer.
- Greens are done when they have shrunk down and are cooked through, usually about a half hour, but you can let it simmer much longer.
- Serve with its liquid.