Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This cake is absolutely delicious. It is super moist. Instead of icing, it is drizzled with a coconut glaze. This cake never lasts more than a day.
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml oil
- 4 eggs
- 29.58 ml coconut extract
- 709.77 ml flour
- 236.59 ml buttermilk
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 236.59 ml shredded coconut
- 236.59 ml slivered almonds
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml powdered sugar
- 118.29 ml water
- 118.29 ml butter
- 14.79 ml coconut extract
- 44.37 ml butter, melted
- 236.59 ml confectioners' sugar
- 3.69 ml vanilla
- 29.58 ml hot water
- 118.29 ml shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Toast Coconut:.
- Start by spreading coconut on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave the coconut in 30-second bursts, gently stirring to redistribute each time. When the coconut is as brown as you like – stop. It’s done. It took me 7 1/2 minutes to get to this point, but depends on the wattage of your microwave.
- Beat together sugar, oil, eggs, and coconut extract until well mixed.
- In a separate bowl, mix together buttermilk, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Beat together the buttermilk mixture into the sugar, oil, and egg mixture until well blended.
- Gradually beat the flour mixture into the wet mixture until well mixed.
- Fold in the coconut and almonds.
- Pour into a greased baking pan and bake for about 30-45 minutes or when a toothpick is inserted into the center comes out clean. (I used a greased bundt pan).
- Combine drizzle ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat until all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Once the bread comes out of the oven, poke holes all over the bread and immediately pour drizzle over the bread and let soak inches.
- Once the cake has cooled, pour on the glaze and sprinkle with toasted coconut.