Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is another winner from my 5 star collection...you really won't find a more buttery and moist cake...rises very high too.
Top Review by pattikay in L.A.
I thought the tube pan was going to be too big when I put the batter in, but the coffee cake rose to the occasion. It was easy to put together - I had everything on hand - a key benefit when you're making it Sunday morning before church! Watch your baking time carefully - I left it in my oven for just 45 minutes at 350 and it was a little drier than I would have liked. Next time I'll check it sooner. Thanks!
- 591.47 ml flour
- 14.78 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 236.59 ml butter, softened (no sustitutions)
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 3 eggs, room temp
- 236.59 ml sour cream, room temp
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 236.59 ml chopped nuts
- 236.59 ml mini chocolate chip
- 118.29 ml brown sugar, packed
- 9.85 ml cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a tube pan (angel food cake pan).
- Mix together all streusel ingredients; set aside.
- Sift together the first 4 ingredients.
- In a bowl cream the butter, sugar and eggs, until light and fluffy.
- Mix together the dry ingredients with the cream mixture alternately with the sour cream; beat well.
- Add vanilla; beat.
- Pour 1/2 of batter into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 of the streusel mix.
- Add the remaining cake batter over the streusel.
- Sprinkle with remaining streusel mix.
- Bake for 1 hour.