This is another winner from my 5 star collection...you really won't find a more buttery and moist cake...rises very high too.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened (no sustitutions)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, room temp
- 1 cup sour cream, room temp
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup mini chocolate chip
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a tube pan (angel food cake pan).
- Mix together all streusel ingredients; set aside.
- Sift together the first 4 ingredients.
- In a bowl cream the butter, sugar and eggs, until light and fluffy.
- Mix together the dry ingredients with the cream mixture alternately with the sour cream; beat well.
- Add vanilla; beat.
- Pour 1/2 of batter into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 of the streusel mix.
- Add the remaining cake batter over the streusel.
- Sprinkle with remaining streusel mix.
- Bake for 1 hour.