Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is our favorite chili. It took me awhile to finally get it right after experimenting with this & that, but, it has now paid off. This is a really nice tasting chili. Not too hot, just right.
- 2 lbs ground chuck
- 2 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes, with tomato puree
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans (drained)
- 1 green pepper (chopped)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 stalks celery (Chopped)
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 can beer (I use Coors light)
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt & pepper
- hot sauce
- oil (for frying)
- shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- chopped raw onion (optional)
- Fry the green pepper, onion, celery& jalepeno peppers in alittle bit of oil until they are softened.
- Add the ground chuck& continue frying until all the meat is fully cooked.
- Drain, then return to pot& continue cooking adding the chili powder, cumin,Italian seasoning, sugar and salt& pepper.
- Mix well.
- Add the 2 cans of tomatoes, beer and boulion cubes.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add the drained kidney beans and simmer for another 1/2 hr.
- Add some shredded cheddar, raw onion and hot sauce to your bowl!
Just made this for dinner, its great.
There are so many different chili recipes. I liked this one because it used beer, cumin, chili powder and chicken bouillon. I was right. There was tons of flavor. I did add a touch of liquid smoke and reduced the jalapeno peppers. I would put both jalapeno peppers next time. I will trust the recipe next time! This for me was the chili recipe I was looking for with great ingredients and clear instructions. Thank you Boca Pat for taking the time and posting this absolutely awesome chili recipe!
UPDATE: 1.13.10 - this is the only chili recipe I use (since 2004)and I get rave reviews every time. Also, my boyfriend is now my husband so it must have been great! Thanks again for this great recipe! This chili was so easy to make and it was so yummy! We made for Sunday football and my boyfriend sais it was hands down the best chili he ever had! Thanks...will defnately use again! We cut out the celery due to the fact we are not big fans and it was the best chili!