Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I am very picky when it comes to chili and I have tried so many different recipes. Well my mother-in-laws is very, very good so I finally asked her for the recipe and I wrote it down. Now this is the only one I make! Very good and very easy!!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 14 1⁄2 ounces hunts petite diced tomatoes
- 14 1⁄2 ounces rotel original diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 fresh tomato
- 1 onion
- 1 (16 ounce) canbushs chili beans
- 1 lb ground mild sausage
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packetmild chili seasoning mix (or use 1-2 tablespoons homemade chili seasoning)
- 2 -5 1⁄2 ounces campbells tomato juice
- chili powder
- cayenne pepper
- onion powder
- water (if you desire chili to not be as thick)
- shredded cheese (Top chili with this)
- Brown ground beef and sausage with onions. Drain grease.
- Combine all ingredients in 1 pot and simmer on low for 1-2 hours.
- Top chili with cheese. Serve with sweet cornbread.