Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Using baked pumpkin and grilled chicken, this is a delicious creamy risotto.
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 4 cups chicken stock, hot
- 1 cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 chicken breasts (Approx. 500g)
- 2 cups pumpkin, chopped into 1 - 2cm cubes, depending on preference
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Bake the pumpkin pieces in a 180C oven for 15 minutes and put aside.
- Cook the chicken breasts (barbecue, grill, fry pan, poach, oven) until just cooked through and put aside. After chicken has cooled a little, cut into 1 - 2 cm cubes depending on preference. (Alternatively, you can cut into cubes first and then stir-fry).
- While doing steps 1 and 2, put the oil in a large saucepan on medium/hot and when heated, put the onions and garlic in and cook until onions begin to get soft - about 5 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir until the grains start to swell and burst then reduce heat to low and add the cup of white wine.
- Stir over low heat until the liquid has been absorbed.
- Add, say, half a cup of the hot stock and keep stirring while the rice absorbs it.
- Keep adding stock in this way, stirring constantly.
- Just as the final liquid is being absorbed and rice is cooked (about 20 - 25 minutes), add the cooked cubed chicken and pumpkin and gently stir.
- Remove from heat, stir in grated parmesan cheese, (add freshly ground black pepper if you like) and serve.
This was a lovely risotto recipe...I couldn't resist adding some baby spinach but other wise made as directed. Thanks for sharing it was an enjoyable lunch!!