Using baked pumpkin and grilled chicken, this is a delicious creamy risotto.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bake the pumpkin pieces in a 180C oven for 15 minutes and put aside.
- 2Cook the chicken breasts (barbecue, grill, fry pan, poach, oven) until just cooked through and put aside. After chicken has cooled a little, cut into 1 - 2 cm cubes depending on preference. (Alternatively, you can cut into cubes first and then stir-fry).
- 3While doing steps 1 and 2, put the oil in a large saucepan on medium/hot and when heated, put the onions and garlic in and cook until onions begin to get soft - about 5 minutes.
- 4Add the rice and stir until the grains start to swell and burst then reduce heat to low and add the cup of white wine.
- 5Stir over low heat until the liquid has been absorbed.
- 6Add, say, half a cup of the hot stock and keep stirring while the rice absorbs it.
- 7Keep adding stock in this way, stirring constantly.
- 8Just as the final liquid is being absorbed and rice is cooked (about 20 - 25 minutes), add the cooked cubed chicken and pumpkin and gently stir.
- 9Remove from heat, stir in grated parmesan cheese, (add freshly ground black pepper if you like) and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Awesome Chicken & Pumpkin Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (387 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 790.1
- Calories from Fat 215
- Total Fat 23.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 64.6 mg
- Sodium 585.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 96.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 33.4 g