Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is an AWESOME and easy chicken recipe. I can't get enough of. I pretty much devised it on my own.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 4 slices deli ham
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- In-between 2 pieces of plastic wrap pound out chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle with tyme.
- Top with a slice of ham and a slice of cheese.
- Roll up tightly.
- Wrap each breast with 2 slices of bacon and secure with toothpics.
- In a small bowl,beat eggs and milk; set aside.
- Place flour in separate bowl.
- Combine bread crumbs and garlic powder in another bowl.
- Dip each chicken breast in egg mixture,then flour,egg mixture again and then bread crumbs.
- Place on greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350degrees for 40-50minutes or until juices run clear.
I loved this!! I am doing low-carb, so I skipped the eggs, flour and breadcrumbs entirely. For my husband I sprinkled some breadcrumbs on top of his.
This chicken cordon bleu was awful! The bacon didn't get a chance to crisp underneath the breading, so it was gooey and nasty! I've made chicken cordon bleu before without a recipe and I thought it could be improved on, so I tried this recipe- DON'T made the same mistake I did! That is, unless you like gooey bacon. I will NOT be making this ever again!
Awesome indeed! I was surprised at how easy this was. I was also surprised at how most of the cheese stayed inside of the chicken! My chicken rolling skills leave a bit to be desired, but this was delicious! I will definately be making this again.