Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Great tasting soup seasoned with tarragon and thyme. Sliced almonds and green onion garnish are a must! I have made this with plain wild rice and it turned out just as well as using the packaged mix. I have made this for our Souper Bowlers Club at a couple times and it has been a hit.
- 1 (6 ounce) package long grain and wild rice blend, prepared
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, chopped
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1⁄4 cups onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- green onion, sliced
- slivered almonds
- Heat vegetable oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken, mushrooms, onion and garlic.
- Cook, stirring occasionally for 5-8 minutes or until vegetables are tender and chicken is no longer pink.
- Add rice, broth, tarragon, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Combine small amount of evaporated milk and cornstarch in a small bowl; stir until smooth.
- Add to saucepan with remaining evaporated milk and wine.
- Cook stirring occasionally for 3-5 minutes or until soup is thickened.
- Garnish with green onions and almonds.