Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I took my mothers recipe and kicked it up a notch. If you like your soup thicker and a little more flavor, you will love this.
- 2 lbs bone in chicken
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 (15 ounce) cansliced carrots
- 2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- garlic, salt, pepper to taste
- Boil chicken in a large pot of water.
- Pick chicken from bone and put back into chicken stock.
- Add cream of chicken soup, bring to a boil.
- Mix in a roux if you would like thicker soup.
- Season with garlic, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add carrots and simmer.
- Mix Bisquick and milk to make dumplings.
- By teaspoonful, drop into soup.
- Let cook until dumplings are no longer floating on the top.
This is a good recipe. The only changes I made: For the dumplings - add juice of 1/2 cut lemon, squeezed into the Bisquick and some chopped fresh parsley. To the stock, I also added a small can of English peas (drained). The dumplings will cook a little better if you place a lid on while they are rising.