Recipe by mariposa13
This is a really good recipe for chess pie. I found it somewhere on the internet and have been using it for a couple of years. It's great! I am not adding anything to this recipe in response to the 1 star review. This is the exact way I make this every time and it always comes out perfect. Flour/cornstarch would not be good in a chess pie.
Top Review by howmanybites?
Okay - let me say first that I have never heard of chess pie...with that said, this pie is YUMMY! I hope my family eats it all up when they get home, or I'll have to eat the whole thing myself, and that would be just a shame (to my thighs anyway)! ;-)
- 1 frozen unbaked 9-inch pie crust
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon watkins double-strength vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon white vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare unbaked pie shell.
- Mix butter and sugar in saucepan and simmer slowly while stirring for 5 minutes.
- Remove and let cool (stirring).
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat well with whisk.
- Add vanilla, salt, and vinegar- mix well.
- Pour mix into pie shell and bake at 400 for 15 minutes.
- Reduce to 350 for 20-30 minutes.
- Shake pie gently- will be done when it quivers slightly in the middle.