1/2 Photos of Awesome Cheesy Rigatoni Bake
This is a delicious pasta dish that I have make quite often, this will also work well using penne --- cooking time does not include cooking the pasta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (500 g) package rigatoni pasta
- 1 lb lean ground beef (or 1/2 pd each of both) or 1 lb ground pork (or 1/2 pd each of both)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- season salt and pepper (or use white salt)
- 2 (700 ml) jars favourite pasta sauce (or homemade is great)
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4-1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1Set oven to 350°F.
- 2Grease a 13 x9-inch casserole dish.
- 3Cook the rigatoni until firm-tender (do not overcook as it will cook more when baked) toss with 2 tbsp oil to prevent drying out; set aside.
- 4Cook beef with onions, garlic, seasoned salt and pepper until beef is done and no longer pink; drain off fat.
- 5Stir in pasta sauce; simmer 20 minutes.
- 6In a bowl, combine ricotta cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese and eggs.
- 7On the bottom of the casserole dish spread 1-1/2 cups meat sauce.
- 8Top with half each, the cooked rigatoni, ricotta cheese mixture and meat sauce.
- 9Repeat layer ending with meat sauce.
- 10Top with remaining cheese.
- 11Bake uncovered until hot and bubbly, about 30-35 minutes.
- 12Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
- 13Note: canned sliced mushrooms may be added to meat sauce if desired.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Awesome Cheesy Rigatoni Bake
Serving Size: 1 (611 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1256.0
- Calories from Fat 507
- Total Fat 56.4 g
- Saturated Fat 27.2 g
- Cholesterol 352.9 mg
- Sodium 2177.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 111.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 29.1 g
- Protein 73.5 g