1/2 Photos of Awesome Cheesy Rigatoni Bake
This is a delicious pasta dish that I have make quite often, this will also work well using penne --- cooking time does not include cooking the pasta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (500 g) package rigatoni pasta
- 1 lb lean ground beef (or 1/2 pd each of both) or 1 lb ground pork (or 1/2 pd each of both)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- season salt and pepper (or use white salt)
- 2 (700 ml) jars favourite pasta sauce (or homemade is great)
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4-1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1Set oven to 350°F.
- 2Grease a 13 x9-inch casserole dish.
- 3Cook the rigatoni until firm-tender (do not overcook as it will cook more when baked) toss with 2 tbsp oil to prevent drying out; set aside.
- 4Cook beef with onions, garlic, seasoned salt and pepper until beef is done and no longer pink; drain off fat.
- 5Stir in pasta sauce; simmer 20 minutes.
- 6In a bowl, combine ricotta cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese and eggs.
- 7On the bottom of the casserole dish spread 1-1/2 cups meat sauce.
- 8Top with half each, the cooked rigatoni, ricotta cheese mixture and meat sauce.
- 9Repeat layer ending with meat sauce.
- 10Top with remaining cheese.
- 11Bake uncovered until hot and bubbly, about 30-35 minutes.
- 12Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
- 13Note: canned sliced mushrooms may be added to meat sauce if desired.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Awesome Cheesy Rigatoni Bake
Serving Size: 1 (611 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1256.0
- Calories from Fat 507
- Total Fat 56.4 g
- Saturated Fat 27.2 g
- Cholesterol 352.9 mg
- Sodium 2177.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 111.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 29.1 g
- Protein 73.5 g