Recipe by Pufi McFluffikins
I got this recipe from a Southern Living Magazine a couple of years ago. It was an instant favorite, and I get so many requests for the recipe that I figured I would make it easy on myself and just post it. I usually use more Old Bay, Tabasco, and scallions than it says, cause I like a little extra kick. It really is AWESOME, especially with crusty french bread.
Top Review by Queen Dragon Mom
I LOVE this dip/spread! The basic recipe is great and leaves "wiggle" room to change it up, if desired. I use more tabasco, too, and have added tarragon and cheddar cheese.
Thanks for posting this recipe. It's become one of my "got-to" standards.
- 1 (8 ounce) package light cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 3 scallions (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 ounces crabmeat (backfin)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese (fresh grated)
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend cream cheese and mayo until creamy.
- Add lemon juice, Tabasco, and scallions; mix.
- Add old bay, salt, pepper and crab meat; mix.
- Put in baking dish and top with parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes, until cheese starts to brown.
- Can be refrigerated up to 24 hours before cooking.