Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I served this recipe at a holiday party. It was the first appetizer to disappear, and was one of the easiest to prepare. With all that pork bacon, cheese, and a bread bowl - where else to put this recipe but the Midwestern U.S. states.
- 1 loaf round rye bread
- 473.18 ml shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- 236.59 ml mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove
- 29.58 ml parmesan cheese
- 236.59 ml finely chopped onion
- 453.59 g bacon, cooked and crumbled into pieces
- Hollow out top of bread for the"bowl".
- Save removed bread for other use.
- Mix together the cheese and other ingredients.
- Fill bread bowl.
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
- Serve hot.
Awesome is a truism here, we all liked this one. Used the left over bread as dippers and the fact that this is not a cold dip was a nice change of pace. Will be a great treat to take to next potluck at work. Thanx
I made this for our holiday get together and it was AMAZING! I had to make another one in the middle of the party. I used a sourdough round bread and Hormel Real Bacon pieces from a jar and everyone loved it. Thanks!
This was very very good - but I would make 1 minor change. Next time I make this I will saute the onion & garlic first, and then stir that into the cheese/mayo mixture. I used a sourdough loaf, only 6-8 strips of bacon, and 3 cloves garlic. Really good as is too, everyone raved about it.