Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
These buttery bits o'heaven are the first thing I've ever made that come out perfect every time. They can be easily altered to make tonnes of different flavours!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (Or 1 cup all purpose, 1 cup whole wheat)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup cold butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Mix the flour, baking soda, salt, garlic powder, black pepper, and rosemary.
- Cut up the the butter and then mix into the dry ingredients until the butter is decimated into chunks no bigger than a centimetre.
- Mix in the olive oil.
- Mix in the cheddar cheese.
- Mix in the milk slowly, the batter should be moist but not over-saturated in milk.
- Bake for 15-17 Minutes at 400°F.
I found these biscuits to be very tasty. I had never put anything other than raisins and cinnamon in my biscuits before but this recipe tops any I have tasted. I put mine into Pam sprayed muffin tins and they came out quite nice. The recipe did 12 good sized biscuits. Thank you Rumblin Tummy for posting this recipe.
Great receipt. Came out perfectly the first time.
Looks yummy! But how much baking soda do we need to ad? It's not on the ingredients list