Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
this is a delicious chicken recipe that can be prepped the night before or in the morning before you go to work..easy to pop in the oven while tossing a salad and your evening meal is ready...we love it! Have made this with just chicken breasts...
- 16 ounces french Catalina dressing
- 14 ounces whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 ounces lipton dry onion soup mix
- 8 -12 pieces chicken
- Mix ingredients together.
- Dip each piece of chicken in mixture and place in baking dish--lined with foil.
- Pour remaining sauce over chicken.
- If sauce does NOT cover chicken, keep basting frequently.
- Bake uncovered for 2 hours at 275°F.
We loved this! Had this at Bunco and made it for the family the next night! So easy and tasty. Had an extra can of cranberry from Thanksgiving (do you know how long that stuff lasts??? LOL) on hand as well as the soup mix. I used boneless skinless thigh. Awesome! Can't believe I haven't had this before now!
This was an easy chicken dish that provided a different taste. If you really enjoy catalina dressing this would be a nice choice. I wasn't totally sold on the catalina taste. Also, It did not take the entire two hours to bake; mine was cooked after 1.5 hours.
Really delicious, quickly prepared, family enjoyed this one tremendously. Have shared this recipe with friends. They think I am a great cook, thanks to all the great recipes on Recipezaar.