Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is one of those recipes that have been around since before I was a child. My mother made this and then my grandmother before her. This carrot cake is so rich and so moist that you will want to curl up. I have made this for the kids, for birthdays and for fun, and it is still the most requested cake that I make. It is simply delicious!
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 3⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- Beat eggs and honey together until blended.
- Add oil and milk and beat a further minute.
- in a separate bowl combine flour and baking powders and bicarb.
- add liquid to dry ingredients and mix well with a large spoon.
- add walnuts and fold in.
- Pour into a lined ring tin or long loaf tin.
- Cook in preheated oven at 180 degrees C.
I might like this recipe if it actually had carrots in it, but since it doesn't, I wouldn't call it carrot cake. I tried to post a question asking where the carrots were, since I'm sure this is just an error, but my question wasn't posted, so I'm hoping this one will actually get posted so the recipe can be corrected.