1 hr 30 mins
This cookie comes from a Southern Home Cooking Cookbook although I can't remember its original name. This is a great tasting cookie but it can be difficult to transport.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 2/3 cup almond toffee bits
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped peanuts
- 2/3 cup milk chocolate chips
- 10 ounces vanilla caramels, unwrapped
- 2 -3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup milk chocolate chips, melted
- 1Beat first 4 ingredients at medium speed with a mixer until creamy.
- 2Add egg, beating until blended.
- 3Add baking mix, beating at low speed just until blended. Stir in toffee bits, chopped peanuts, and 2/3 cup milk chocolate chips.
- 4Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheet; flatten with hand.
- 5Bake at 350°F for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- 6Cool cookies on baking sheets 1 minute; remove cookies to wire racks.
- 7Microwave caramels and 2 tablespoons whipping cream in a glass bowl at HIGH 1 minute; stir.
- 8Continue to microwave at 30-second intervals, stirring until caramels melt and mixture is smooth; add remaining cream, if necessary.
- 9Stir in vanilla.
- 10Spoon caramel mixture evenly onto tops of cookies.
- 11Drizzle evenly with melted chocolate.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Awesome Caramel Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1441 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 142.0
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 13.2 mg
- Sodium 118.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
almond toffee bits