Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
This cookie comes from a Southern Home Cooking Cookbook although I can't remember its original name. This is a great tasting cookie but it can be difficult to transport.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 2⁄3 cup almond toffee bits
- 2⁄3 cup coarsely chopped peanuts
- 2⁄3 cup milk chocolate chips
- 10 ounces vanilla caramels, unwrapped
- 2 -3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup milk chocolate chips, melted
- Beat first 4 ingredients at medium speed with a mixer until creamy.
- Add egg, beating until blended.
- Add baking mix, beating at low speed just until blended. Stir in toffee bits, chopped peanuts, and 2/3 cup milk chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheet; flatten with hand.
- Bake at 350°F for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool cookies on baking sheets 1 minute; remove cookies to wire racks.
- Microwave caramels and 2 tablespoons whipping cream in a glass bowl at HIGH 1 minute; stir.
- Continue to microwave at 30-second intervals, stirring until caramels melt and mixture is smooth; add remaining cream, if necessary.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Spoon caramel mixture evenly onto tops of cookies.
- Drizzle evenly with melted chocolate.