Recipe by Rebbieb
An omelet with color and zing! A wonderful omelet than can be made ahead and reheated. It is best to wrap pieces individual for storing. Great Sunday morning brunch item or a quick main dish
- 8 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 4 plum tomatoes, chunked
- 8 -10 white mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 large white onion, sliced
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb thick slice bacon
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, chunked
- cajun spices, to taste
- marsala (optional)
- geronimo chunky garden style hot salsa
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Sauté onions and mushrooms in butter and season with Cajun spice to taste. Deglaze sauté pan with a small amount of Marsala (optional).
- Microwave bacon until cooked but not hard; tear in to pieces.
- Whisk eggs and heavy cream--no need to whip.
- Sauté tomatoes, bacon and cheese into eggs mixture and adjust Cajun spice to taste. Pour mixture into a 10x7x1-inch non-stick baking pan.
- Place this pan inside a large air bake pan if you have one.
- This helps prevent the sides and bottom from over baking.
- Bake at 400°F for 20 to 30 minutes depending on the amounts of the add ins until mixture is set.
- Serve with warmed salsa.