If you like spicy wings, you HAVE to give these a try. My husband and I have been making these for years and never has there been any left. We like to grill them and serve w/ celery and blue cheese. My kids even gobble these down!
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- (if wings are whole, cut off and discard pointed tip and halve wings at the main joint.) In food processor or blender, combine all remaining ingredients, EXCEPT oil.
- Process until well blended.
- With machine on, slowly pour in oil and process until a thick paste forms.
- In a large bowl, combine wings and paste.
- Toss until wings are well coated.
- Cover and refrigerate over night.
- Broil or grill wings until nicely browned outside and cooked through.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
You're right--they are awesome. I didn't use as much cayenne as called for and they were still plenty hot for me. I baked them at 450 degrees and they came out nice and crispy. Thanks for the recipe!
After seeing Bergy's photo I knew I had to try these wings. I too made a smaller batch, but I wish I had made more! These were very good and I didn't marinate them overnight. Great punch of flavor from the spices. The heat level was very spicy, but could be cut back if you are not a spicy food fan. Thanks for sharing your recipe!!
These are indeed AWESOME wings - I cut the recipe back to apprx 12 1/2 wings - tips removed. Kept a high level of Hot Paprika & Cayenne - the result was fiery hot wonderful wings - Loved them Thanks Suzanne P for a keeper of a recipe