Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is a dish that my sister-n-law brought to a Christmas gathering. It was such at hit that she had to give us all the recipe!
- Coarsely chop cabbage in large casserole dish sprayed with PAM.
- Sprinkle onion on top of cabbage.
- Pour melted butter over cabbage.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Mix Mayo and soup together and then spread over cabbage and onions.
- For topping, mix together melted butter, crushed crackers and grated cheese.
- Sprinkle over top of casserole.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until bubbly and brown.
This is really wonderful! I parboiled the cabbage and then mixed the cabbage and onions together with the rest of the casserole ingredients. I included about 1/2 of the cheese right into the cabbage mixture and saved the other half for the topping. Thanx for a delicious new cabbage recipe!
Made as directed. We enjoyed it, but will parboil the cabbage per Parsley's suggestion next time. This makes a LOT, Thanks for the recipe.
Delicious. I made the recipe as directed, substituting Ritz crackers.I will make this again.