Recipe by Luby Luby Luby
A local restaurant, Zea's, serves grits as a side dish. This is my version of those grits. No, they aren't for the serious dieter but if you want to treat yourself to an occasional splurge I don't think you will be disappointed. NOTE: You may want to start off just using 1/2 cup of butter. Some people find 1 cup to be a little too much. You can always add more if you like.
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- 2 tablespoons butter (to saute the corn)
- creole seasoning
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup butter (the real thing)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup old fashioned grits
Directions See How It's Made
- In skillet melt butter and add whole kernel corn.
- Season to taste and saute corn over medium heat until light brown approximately 20 minutes.
- In large saucepan combine chicken broth, cream, butter, corn and salt.
- Bring to a boil and slowly add grits stirring constantly.
- Lower heat, cover and simmer on low for 15 to 20 minutes.