Recipe by Marie
A small pat of butter is enclosed in the center of these fabulous rolls before baking. The top is also brushed with additional melted butter to produce a softer crust. Rising time is not included in prep time. This is one of my favorites!
Top Review by kzbhansen
These are very very good!! Made them tonight with chicken and it was a winner. I did make them in a muffin tin and I did add a bit of garlic to the butter. My dough wasnt too sticky at all and I actually didnt need to add anymore to it other then amount mentioned. Thanks for a great recipe!!
- 1⁄4 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1⁄4 cup soft butter
- 1 egg (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- additional pats butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Add sugar to warm water and dissolve yeast in it.
- When foamy, mix with warm milk, 1/4 c soft butter and egg.
- Add flour and salt to food processor and pulse a few times.
- Slowly add liquid ingredients through top tube with processor running and process until ball of dough forms.
- Cover and let rise in warm place until doubled in size (about an hour).
- Divide dough into 12 pieces and shape, putting a piece of butter inside each roll (1/4 to 1/2 pat of butter).
- Place rolls on lightly greased baking sheet, cover and let rise until doubled (about 30 to 45 minutes).
- Brush tops with melted butter and bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until golden brown.