Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
With the warm weather coming I was searching for a different burger recipe. I first thought this sounded really odd with rolled oats in the ingredients but combining it with milk makes for a moist pattie with a great texture. I made a few small changes to a recipe I found in the cookbook All Fired Up
- 453.59 g lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 78.07 ml rolled oats
- 14.79 ml steak sauce
- 29.58 ml milk
- fresh ground pepper
- In bowl combine ingredients.
- Shape into 4 equal burgers, putting finger indentation almost through burger in the middle of each pattie-Do not over handle meat- usually meat is done when the indentation in center is filled in.
- Place on preheated grill and cook about 5 min.
- per side or until no longer pink.
- Garnish as desired.
Instead of steak sauce (which is good) try adding 1/4 cup Coke and 3 tbls. french dressing. Skip the milk.
These burgers live up to their name! I think they would also make great meatballs, too.
They were pretty good..I will probably make them again some time...