Recipe by Tracy Graves
Some homemade brownie recipes turn out dry and cakey. These brownies are moist, chewy and incredibly chocolatey! This is my kids' favorite brownie.
Top Review by Marsha D.
These brownies were very, very good! I made this recipe for my kids in N.C.,who I send their gifts and some goodies for christmas every year. My oldest requested homemade brownies so I granted his request with this recipe. So glad I picked it cause I was not disappointed one bit. They came out perfect!Nice and chocolately and they were thicker than most recipes that I have tried. I did leave out the nuts and chocolate chips, only because I didn't have neither ingredient on hand. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe.
- 2⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2⁄3 cup butter or 2⁄3 cup margarine, melted and divided
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 and grease a 9x13 pan.
- Combine cocoa and baking soda, whisk together and stir in 1/3 cup of the melted butter.
- Mix well.
- add boiling water and stir till thickened.
- Stir in sugar, eggs, remaining 1/3 cup of melted butter and vanilla.
- Blend in flour and salt.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts, if desired.
- Spread batter in pan and bake at 350 for about 35 to 40 mins.
- do not overbake.
- cool and cut into bars.