Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Some homemade brownie recipes turn out dry and cakey. These brownies are moist, chewy and incredibly chocolatey! This is my kids' favorite brownie.
- 2⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2⁄3 cup butter or 2⁄3 cup margarine, melted and divided
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts, if desired
- Heat oven to 350 and grease a 9x13 pan.
- Combine cocoa and baking soda, whisk together and stir in 1/3 cup of the melted butter.
- Mix well.
- add boiling water and stir till thickened.
- Stir in sugar, eggs, remaining 1/3 cup of melted butter and vanilla.
- Blend in flour and salt.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts, if desired.
- Spread batter in pan and bake at 350 for about 35 to 40 mins.
- do not overbake.
- cool and cut into bars.
These brownies were very, very good! I made this recipe for my kids in N.C.,who I send their gifts and some goodies for christmas every year. My oldest requested homemade brownies so I granted his request with this recipe. So glad I picked it cause I was not disappointed one bit. They came out perfect!Nice and chocolately and they were thicker than most recipes that I have tried. I did leave out the nuts and chocolate chips, only because I didn't have neither ingredient on hand. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe.
These were sooo good! I've made them twice and will definately make them again. Thank you for sharing.
These were so simple and absolutely wonderful. I am 7 monthes pregnant and was dieing for some brownies one night, I got online and was glad this site was one of the first that came up for homemade brownies. I didn't know what to expect, I didn't really know you could do it right without a box of Duncan Hines. I was so happy because I had all the ingredients on hand. Wonderful! Chewy fudge brownies, not dry cake-like! My husband was amazed, I looked like a baking genius.