Recipe by beckerd
This brownie bites recipe comes with a white chocolate ganache topping. They are small, simple to make and so yummy!! :) This recipe comes from a cookbook called "Brownies to Die For"
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temp
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces white chocolate, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup tbsps heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line mini muffin pans with mini muffin papers.
- For the brownie base: Combine the chocolates and butter in a medium saucepan.
- Stir often over low heat until mixture is melted and smooth.
- Remove saucepan from heat; cool slightly.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat eggs and sugar on medium-high speed until thick.
- On low speed, beat in vanilla and chocolate mixture until mixed.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Spoon batter into muffn cups.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until the centers still look moist but spring back when lightly touched.
- Test with a tootpick; it should yield moist crumbs.
- Cool pan for 5 minutes, then remove brownies from pan and cool them completely on a wire rack.
- For the ganache: Place chocolate in small heatproof bowl and set aside.
- Heat cream, salt, and vanilla in a small saucepan over medium heat until mixture just begins to simmer.
- Pour over chocolate, letting mixture sit until chocolate is softened(about 5 minutes).
- Stir until chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Spoon ganache atop brownie bites.
- Refrigerate to allow the ganache to set.
- When ready to enjoy, grate some semi sweet chocolate atop and serve.