Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is hearty, rich and delicious! I only make it about once a year for obvious reasons:) Even though the recipe calls for 4 bagels- I'm sure it could actually feed 8 people!
- 4 bagels
- 12 slices bacon
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese (softened)
- 1⁄4 cup chives (chopped)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cook bacon according to instructions on package then set aside.
- Meanwhile mix cream cheese and chives and set aside.
- Once oven is ready, butter bagels and sprinkle with garlic; bake for 4 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Add 1 tbl of butter to a pan and cook eggs according to your taste (my husband likes scrambled I like over easy).
- Once eggs are done, start layering your sandwich.
- I "butter" the bagel with cream cheese mixture first, then place the egg, then criss-cross the 3 slices of bacon, then add a slice of cheese and finally a slice of avocado.
- Finally while the oven is still warm I put the sandwich in to melt the cheese or I just microwave for 25 seconds.
OMG! We loved these bagels. For us, what makes this special to a regular breakfast bagel is the addition of the cream cheese & chive mixture. And, instead of sprinkling the bagel with the garlic powder, I added it to the cream cheese along with a vegy herb spice I have. Really enjoyed the addition of the sliced avocados and I added some sauted bell peppers & onions to the eggs. Nicely unique & very tasty recipe that is equally easy to put together, thanks so much for sharing.