Prep 1 hr 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This came from the TOH board. This is a perfect pizza crust! :)
Make and share this Awesome Bread Machine Pizza Dough recipe from Food.com.
- Put this in the bread machine on the manual/dough cycle.
- At the end of the cycle punch down the dough and let rest 5 min.
- Roll out the dough to the shape of your pan, and put in pan, top as desired Bake at 425 for at least 15 min.
- until cheese is well melted, and browned.
- Variation: Add 1 to 2 tsp Italian Seasoning.
Finally a pizza dough recipe that tastes great. I'll be using this one EVERY time I make pizza.. It was hard to find a good bread machine recipe for pizza dough. Thanks.
This recipe did not give me the traditional pizza dough taste. I feel it needed more yeast and about 1/2 teaspoon more salt. However, it was very easy to work with and produced a crunchy crust. I have been using the Sicilian Pizza Dough recipe by Nick Stellino for years and still prefer that one.
This was a great recipe! I added some dried Italian seasoning to the mix and it was a good thing to do. Also, it was SOooo much nicer to work the dough ball as wet with olive oil instead of the traditional dry with a flour dusting. Furthermore, the pizza crust cooked up with a slight browning/crusting effect on the bottom because of the olive oil. I will have to agree with another reviewer, however, that it made quite a large and/or thick crust upon which to build the pizza. Plenty of dough with this recipe. The dough ball is easily big enough to halve and make 2 pizzas, which is my plan for tonight! Thank you for this great recipe! Pete