Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These cookies are AWESOME!!!!
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter or 1⁄2 cup regular butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup semisweet chocolate piece
- 3⁄4 cup honey-roasted peanuts
- 3⁄4 cup coarsely chopped miniature peanut butter cup (about 15)
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and peanut butter with an electric mixer for 30 seconds. Add the sugars, baking soda and salt. Beat until combined, scraping sides of the bowl occasionally.
- Beat in egg, milk, and vanilla. Using the mixer, beat in as much of the flour as you can. Stir in remaining flour by hand. Stir in the chocolate pieces, peanuts and peanut butter cups.
- Drop by generously rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake the cookies in a 350°F oven for about 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool.
- *Note: For easier chopping, freeze miniature chocolate-covered peanut butter cups in their wrappers for 1 hour. Remove frozen candies from wrappers before chopping.
These cookies are dangerous! DH and I love a nice, thick cookie that absolutely screams for a tall, cold glass of milk and these fit that description. I like that they don't spread nearly at all and that they are decadent, but not too rich. I didn't have any peanuts (wouldn't have used anyways) and had to use chocolate chips and peanut butter chips. Fantastic and will use this recipe often!
I have this same recipe and was going to post it -- but discovered it was already here. These are wonderful cookies. They hold their shape really well -- they don't spread while baking. I got 36 cookies (used my scoop and I think it's about 2 tablespoons). The baking time is right on. Thanks for saving me the work and posting this great cookie recipe.
these turned out perfectly - I followed the recipe exactly, minus the peanuts and the cookies were big and puffy and stayed soft for days. I wouldn't change a thing - great recipe!