Recipe by KPD
Oh man, I really love this recipe. It's truly awesome! Most people like corn tortillas with their enchys, but I prefer flour...by all means, go with what you like! Sometimes I throw black beans into the meat mixture, Anyway Enjoy!
Top Review by Boomette
Thanks for posting this yummy recipe. I used 1 small red bell pepper. I omitted the serrano peppers. I didn't have enough cream cheese, so I substituted plain yogurt. For the enchilada sauce, I used recipe#222519. At the end I put the oven to broil to broil the cheese. Very good. Even my son loved this. Thanks KPD :) Made for Think Pink event
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 serrano peppers (optional) or 2 jalapeno peppers, minced (optional)
- 1 1⁄4 ounces taco seasoning mix
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups enchilada sauce, divided
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese
- 12 flour tortillas, softened (6 inch)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown beef, onions, peppers and garlic in large skillet over medium-high heat until browned and veggies are soft.
- Add taco seasoning and 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce, stirring until combined. Turn off heat and add cream cheese. Stir until cream cheese has melted into mixture.
- Spread 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce into the bottom of a greased 13x9 casserole dish. Spoon about 1/4 cup of meat mixture down the center of each warmed tortilla and roll up. Place enchiladas seam side down in dish.
- Top enchiladas with remaining 1 cup of enchilada sauce. Then top with monterey jack cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees or until cheese is melted. Serve with rice and beans if you so desire!