8 hrs 10 mins
Ok, so here it goes! I’m going to attempt to post this recipe, even though it calls for so many premixed ingredients, that I don’t know if it’ll actually POST here at zaar. This is by far, the best BBQ Pulled Pork you can make without any thing more fancy than a crock pot. If you allow to cook in the crock pot undisturbed for the entire time, you will get something close to the ‘bark’ that is created when you use a smoker/barbecue.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 -6 lbs boston butt
- 6 tablespoons cider vinegar, divided
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/4 cup barbecue seasoning (I use equal amounts of Bad Byrons Butt Rub, R.C. Buck's Bourbon Molasses Gourmet Spices & Rubs, and )
- 1/2 cup kraft original barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup wegman's memphis style barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1Trim pork roast of as much visible fat as possible. (since this is not going into a barbecue or smoker, you don’t need the fat to keep the meat juicy).
- 2Wet the roast all over with half of the vinegar.
- 3Rub all the seasonings into the meat.
- 4Place into crock pot, set on low and cook for at least 5 hours, preferably 8. (I will start this before I go to bed, to have for a 1:00 Kickoff during football season).
- 5When it’s falling off the bone, pour off MOST of the liquid in the bottom of the pot.
- 6Pull out the bone, (this should remove easily) take off any remaining chunks of fat that you can see and add the other half of the vinegar.
- 7Pull pork into chunks, but don’t completely shred at this time, it’ll fall apart more with the addition of the barbecue sauces.
- 8Add equal the amounts of barbecue sauces and the brown sugar, and fold into the shredded meat to combine. (the meat is so tender, it will continue to shred as you’re mixing) I like to leave some larger pieces.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Awesome BBQ Pulled Pork, No Smoker or Barbecue Needed
Serving Size: 1 (301 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 875.7
- Calories from Fat 544
- Total Fat 60.5 g
- Saturated Fat 20.8 g
- Cholesterol 268.3 mg
- Sodium 580.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 67.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: