Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from Tops courtesy of Walnut Marketing Board.
Make and share this Awesome Banana Walnut Shake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 small very ripe banana, frozen
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 -2 tablespoon honey
- Place banana, yogurt, walnuts, and 1 tablespoon honey in a blender.
- Blend on low speed until ingredients start to mix together. Then increase to high speed and blend until smooth. For a sweeter smoothie, add another tablespoon of honey. Serve immediately.
- Tip: To make a frozen banana, peel and cut the banana into chunks. Wrap in plastic and place in freezer several hours or overnight.
Yes, it was AWESOME! The flavor of banana and walnut reminded me of banana walnut bread. The bits of walnut blended with the honey. Oh my, Oh my!! I added 1/2 cup of milk to this shake and it made exactly one full glass. Very delicious. I only shared one little sip with DH and he agreed. As a member of TOPS I always enjoy their recipes and thanks internut (Christine) for posting this one!
I make banana smoothies almost everyday and this was a nice way to enhance the flavor. I used toasted walnuts (2 tbs) and you could really taste them. Thanks Internetnut, for posting. Roxygirl
Wonderfully tasty!!! I did have to add a couple dashes of spring water to blend it easily. This makes 1 cup but 1 cup is not much for a smoothie. Yet filling with all that walnut. I used organic Canadian honey and organic no fat yogurt. I may make this again.