5 hrs 1 min
The combination of chocolate and bananas is one of my favourite flavour combos. While this is made with "convenience" foods, it really does taste fantastic. Prep time includes chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces baker semisweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 graham cracker crumb crust (either your own or storebought)
- 2 medium bananas
- 2 3/4 cups milk (cold)
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant banana pudding mix or 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding
- 1 1/2 cups whipped topping (either whipped cream or Cool Whip)
- 1In a glass bowl, microwave chocolate, milk and margarine/butter on High power for 1 minute, stirring every 20 seconds; depending on the power of your microwave, you may need another 30 seconds or so.
- 2Try not to microwave longer than 90 seconds.
- 3Stir mixture until chocolate is completely melted.
- 4Spread this mixture evenly in crust, then refrigerate for 30 minutes or until chocolate firms up.
- 5Pour milk into a large bowl; add pudding mixes.
- 6With a whisk, beat for one minute; let stand for five minutes.
- 7During this standing time, peel and slice the bananas and arrange over chocolate.
- 8Spoon pudding mixture over bananas in crust, then top with whipped cream/Cool Whip.
- 9If you wish, you can refrigerate the pie without the whipped topping, then add it just before serving; this is recommended if you use real whipped cream as opposed to the Cool Whip.
- 10Refrigerate this pie for four hours, or until set.
- 11Keep leftovers stored in fridge.
- 12For Vegetarian option use Vegetarian Pudding mixes.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Awesome Banana-Chocolate Pie
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 412.8
- Calories from Fat 191
- Total Fat 21.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 20.8 mg
- Sodium 588.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 33.1 g
- Protein 6.5 g