Prep 5 hrs
Cook 1 min
The combination of chocolate and bananas is one of my favourite flavour combos. While this is made with "convenience" foods, it really does taste fantastic. Prep time includes chilling time.
- 4 ounces baker semisweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 graham cracker crumb crust (either your own or storebought)
- 2 medium bananas
- 2 3⁄4 cups milk (cold)
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant banana pudding mix or 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipped topping (either whipped cream or Cool Whip)
- In a glass bowl, microwave chocolate, milk and margarine/butter on High power for 1 minute, stirring every 20 seconds; depending on the power of your microwave, you may need another 30 seconds or so.
- Try not to microwave longer than 90 seconds.
- Stir mixture until chocolate is completely melted.
- Spread this mixture evenly in crust, then refrigerate for 30 minutes or until chocolate firms up.
- Pour milk into a large bowl; add pudding mixes.
- With a whisk, beat for one minute; let stand for five minutes.
- During this standing time, peel and slice the bananas and arrange over chocolate.
- Spoon pudding mixture over bananas in crust, then top with whipped cream/Cool Whip.
- If you wish, you can refrigerate the pie without the whipped topping, then add it just before serving; this is recommended if you use real whipped cream as opposed to the Cool Whip.
- Refrigerate this pie for four hours, or until set.
- Keep leftovers stored in fridge.
- For Vegetarian option use Vegetarian Pudding mixes.
Excellent. I too was doubtful about the instant and convenience foods in this recipe, but it was just as delicious as it was easy to put together. Five stars for sure. My husband loved it.