Recipe by JenPo
My grandmother used to make this. I don't know where the recipe came from, but I love it because it is so moist.
Top Review by chargirl
Excellent Bread, but a little too sweet. Using 1 to 1 1/2 cups of sugar would probably do. Very ripe bananas have a very high sugar content, I would say consider adjusting white sugar when mixing.
- 2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups of sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄8 cups buttermilk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups very ripe mashed bananas
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter in bowl, add sugar.
- Beat in eggs individually.
- Sift dry ingredients together in a seperate bowl, add alternately with buttermilk.
- Mix in nuts, vanilla, and banana.
- Bake in 9x5 loaf pans at 350 degrees.
- Pulls away from sides of pan when done.